Thursday, December 11, 2008

On a good note...Beyonce's #2 On MTV's "The Best Songs of 2008"


2. "Beyoncé, "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)"
My favorite thing about Beyoncé has always been that despite the fact that she is well-manicured and coached to within an inch of her life, there is roughly a 50 percent chance that she is also a complete and total lunatic. I cannot explain why this is ... though, as Exhibit A, please allow me to present this song, which sounds like what would happen if the Supremes cut a track while someone was playing "Frogger" in the background (and I mean this in the best possible way). "Single Ladies" is hyperactive and supercharged in ways I never thought possible. It's epic and sexy and even a bit sad (because, you know, he didn't put a ring on it), and it manages to out-crazy even "Ring the Alarm" (thanks mostly to B's shout-out to Buzz Lightyear three-quarters of the way through). I love this song unapologetically, in reasons I am probably not doing a very good job of conveying. All I know is that there is absolutely zero chance Beyoncé ever releases a single like this ever again, so, you know, enjoy it while you can. "


Yay! I'm happy she's in at number 2. The Britney stans on MTV need to stop comparing her to Beyonce. And they need to realize that Beyonce's here to stay. Beyonce already sold 1 MILLION copies worldwide the 2nd week her album was released. Take -that- Britney stans :)
What do you think?

No comments: